Wow, where did January go?! I decided today would be perfect to recap how I did with my January-specific goals (which I didn’t actually post here… oops!), and decide on new ones for February.
January 2018 Goals:
- #12goalsin12months – declutter and organize the gray room so it is functional – success! 🙂
- #12projectsin12months – keep up with bullet journal for all of January – mostly a success! I did not do weekly spreads for the last two weeks because I didn’t feel like I really needed them, but I kept up with my habit tracker and memory calendar, so I consider it a win 🙂
- blog – be consistent in posting at least twice per week – success! 🙂
- health/fitness – no booze 2x/week (massive fail after the first week), workout 2x/week and 10 total in January (fail – I only had one “real” workout in there and a couple shorter ones), bring real lunch to work (fail again)… clearly this category will be my focus next month. Ugh.
Despite the epic fail of my health/fitness goals (partially from being sick, partially from not giving AF), I did do well nutrition-wise for the most part. I have decided not to count anything in 2018 related to food (calories, containers, anything!) and focus on mindful eating, and it has been super liberating and I feel great. I do still need to eat more veggies and bring a real lunch to school, so I think I will try to combine the two for one of my February goals.
February 2018 Goals:
- #12goalsin12months – I’m going to roll this one in with health and fitness – see below.
- #12projectsin12months – finally do the string art project that has been sitting in its box for months!
- blog – 10 posts in February
- health/fitness – umm… I don’t know where to start. I’m thinking 1) bring veggies to keep at school for lunch (since I just snack anyways and need to eat more of them), 2) actually work out again – I’ll set a goal of 8 times this month, and 3) drink less than I did in January. I record the number of drinks I have on my habit tracker, so I’ll total it, scale it to 28 days (math nerd!), and aim for maybe 5 fewer to start.
- finances – no. unnecessary. purchases. (I am the woooooooooorst at this – hello Amazon!)
- work – produce at least one quality resource to post on my TeachersPayTeachers site for others to download/use
Hopefully I can do at least a little better in the health/fitness realm during February – other than that, I want to focus on building on my successes in January! 1 month down, 11 to go – let’s do this, 2018!