Hey strangers! First of all, I want to apologize for my way-too-long hiatus (over 2 months, ugh) – the school year got the best of me as per the usual and I have just been really lazy with my free time. I figured starting a new calendar year would be the perfect time to recommit to the blog and restructure a couple things to help me stay on top of it. If you’re not already following me on Instagram (@rejectingordinary), that is the best way to keep up with what’s going on!
First of all – what better time is there to relaunch #12projectsin12months than with a new year? I was kind of wishy-washy as far as what I wanted to do, first starting with artsy things, then changing to practicing/improving one thing per month… well, I am changing it up again so I don’t have to choose between the two. I am going to go back to the original #12projectsin12months meaning, and do one creative project every month. I’m also going to launch something slightly different, #12goalsin12months, and focus on improving myself and/or my life in one big way during each month of 2018. I am probably going to alternate weeks as far as update posts, so you should be seeing 2 posts for each initiative/hashtag per month on the blog. Of course, you’ll see the good, bad, and ugly in-between on Instagram!
I was actually way better than I thought I’d be with #mealplanmonday for awhile, and I’m going to commit to posting that each week. It not only keeps me accountable and motivated, but hopefully provides some good (reasonable) ideas for some of you as well!
With all of that being said, here is a quick rundown of my personal 2018 goals, by category.
- Focus on eating mindfully – what makes me feel good?
- Keep up with healthy meal planning (I did pretty well with that in 2017)
- Eat more veggies and drink more water
- Cut down on eating out – no more than 2 restaurant meals/week if we’re in town
- Cut down on booze – start with at least 2 days per week without drinking (which can be really hard during the school year, haha)
- Figure out a sustainable workout routine – start small with at least 2 morning workouts per week, and at least 10 total workouts in January
- Weekly mental health self-checks
- Practice some sort of self-care daily, even if it’s just scheduled down time
- Re-start doing some sort of personal development weekly
- Figure out a sustainable blogging schedule and stick to it
- Make time for creativity on a regular basis, including art and music
- Improve work/life balance during the school year
- Cut unnecessary spending, weekly self-checks
- Pay off as much debt as possible!
- Focus on spending mindfully – do I really need that? Will it improve my life in some way? Will it really make me happy?
- Spend more (unplugged) time with my husband, including time outside with him and the pups!
- Be a better friend and family member – authentically reconnect and/or keep up with more people, whether they live locally or far away
- PURGE unneeded stuff – donate, sell, etc.
- Clean/organize the stuff I want to keep, and try to maintain without clutter
I know, I know – that’s a lot of goals. The overarching idea, however, is taking better care of myself. When I do focus on that, a lot of these smaller goals will come naturally.
What do you think? What are your 2018 goals?